Saturday, January 20, 2018

Corsair "tanks" and a few additions for 8th edition

Fire Prisms (top left)and Wave Serpents:

These are converted from the Hornet chasis to represent either Fire Prisms or Wave Serpents (maybe Ravagers too). My Corsairs (originally from Saim-Hann and still closely tied to Craftworld tactics) use less heavy tanks, but have found ways to simulate similar affects as the Fire Prism and Wave serpent by using force shields and web way portal devices.

The Aether sails (probably traded for with their Dark Eldar cousins) project a field around the lighter chasis to give additional protection, essentially making them as tough as the true Craftworld counterparts. When used as a transport, a Web Way device (likely also taken from the Dark Kin) is attached to the lower hull. In this way the vehicle can drop off troops without risking them until needed.

War Walkers & Weapon Platforms:

I finally got a Guardian weapon platform I've been playing for almost a decade without one. I also use some extra bits to scratch build a D-cannon plafrom too.

Autarch Skyrunners w/ Laser lances, Reaper launchers and Banshee masks:
The jetbike Autarch has always been my favorite Eldar HQ. 8th edition finally make them a top choice.

Since I needed Troops for 8th (because my jetbikes no longer fill the role, I'm not bitter), I've started making some Rangers as they fit my "Outcast" theme a bit better.

No comments: